1 hour riding. You can choose one of the following options:
1) We ride up to the mountains and through the countryside passing fruit trees and olives plantations.
2) We ride through the forest to the plateau, which offers a fantastic view of Sami Bay as well as the islands of Ithaca and Lefkas
1½ hours or 2 hours riding.
We ride an old donkey trail to the village, where there is a wine place. We visit another village ruined by the 1953 earthquake and we enjoy the beautiful view of Ithaca and Lefkas.
3 hours riding. There are two options:
1) We ride through the countryside visiting an old village with a beautiful view of the sea.
2) We go to the monastery Fanetes up to the mountain, where we enjoy a fantastic and breathtaking panorama of Ithaca and Lefkas.
4 hours riding. You can choose between two options:
1) We ride up to the mountain and then down to the sea for a break. If you want, you can swim with the horses. After that, we go back to the stable through a big olive plantation in a canyon. If you like, you can visit the Drogarati Cave.
2) We go through a canyon high up on the mountain with a fantastic view along the way. After two hours we have a break. We go down using an old goat trail and back to the stable.
2-day trip: 8 hours riding incl. food.
This trip brings us to an old riverbed with a nice olives grove. We will pass two old villages ruined by the earthquake (the “Captain Corelli’s Mandolin” movie place). In one of these places, we will have a Greek picnic. From there, we continue high up in the mountains, stay for the night in tents or sleep under the sky and have a candlelight dinner with a house wine. The next day, on the way back to the stable, we will pass by the sea and continue the way up through the mountains and have a wonderful view to the country and seaside.
7 hours riding incl. picnic.
A day trip to the monasteries, caves and the “Captain Corelli’s Mandolin” movie place. At 9 o’clock in the morning, we ride to the monastery Fanetes with a beautiful view of Sami and the neighbouring islands of Ithaca and Lefkas and to the beach of Antisamos. From there, we leave to a lonely bay, where we can swim with the horses in the beautiful water. Then, we have our picnic and we rest for two hours. After this, we ride to Sami through olive groves. If you want, you can visit the Melissani or Drogarati Cave. We go back along the old riverbed to the stable.